Lights shining bright… or Not

Decorative lights can be an attractive chew toy for pets. Lights should be carefully checked to ensure safety for your pets and your household. Electric shock can occur from defective cords as well as from pets chewing on the cords. Check for bite marks in cords and any exposed or fray wires. If pets cannot be supervised around trees or lights, baby gates can be extended across doorways to reduce access to the holiday decorations. Electrical shock can cause burns, breathing difficulty, abnormal heart rhythm, loss of consciousness, and death, Call your veterinarian immediately if your pet has been injured by electrical shock.



Feline Urinary Obstruction - “THE BLOCKED CAT”

Obstruction or blockage of the urethra (the tube which transports urine from the bladder out of the body) is a condition that male cats, particularly those that are overweight, are predisposed to.

Read More
See All Articles