We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I graduated from the Atlantic Veterinary College in 2016 after having a lifelong love for all things animals, as well as the desire to watch the bonds grow between the pets and their owners. I love all aspects of veterinary medicine but am most intrigued with endocrine and infectious disease management, as well as non-traditional therapies such as acupuncture.
I most love the variety of cases I get to see on a daily basis. Never knowing what will greet me at the door on any given day makes for no boredom! The best part about this clinic is my coworkers who provide wisdom, passion and humour on a daily basis!
A fun fact about me is that I am originally from the US, however my grandparents were born and raised in Canada so much of my heritage is Canadian. I spend my free time exploring outside and travelling all over, with the company of my boyfriend and our goofy dog Moose.
Mayfield Veterinary Clinic has been looking after my cats since I moved here 10 years ago. The staff is…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 24, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 506.466.2543. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Hours are subject to change.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. We encourage payments to be done over the phone with a credit card or e-Transfer.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Mayfield Veterinary Clinic